39th Annual Writers Week Conference
Tom Lutz, Writers Week director
Writers Week is the longest-running, free literary event in California and regularly attracts seasoned authors and those just beginning their careers.
Gabrielle Calvocoressi • David Campos • Brenda Cárdenas • Carolina De Robertis • Colin Dickey • Cory Doctorow • Piotr Florczyk • Parnaz Foroutan • Stephanie Barbé Hammer • Juan Felipe Herrera • Harmony Holiday • Li-Young Lee • Dinah Lenney • Matthew Lippman • Kenji Liu • Walter Mosley • Viet Thanh Nguyen • Daniel José Older • Angela Peñaredondo • Willie Perdomo • Darryl Pinckney • John Rechy • Barbara Jane Reyes • Amy Uyematsu • Karolina Waclawiak
Venue: CHASS Interdisciplinary Building, South – Screening Room, INTS 1128
Admission: Free and open to the public.
Parking: Complimentary permits available at the Kiosk.
Writers Week 2016 is made possible by support from the UC Riverside College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, UCR African Student Programs, UCR Office of the Chancellor, the Science Fiction and Technoculture Studies Program, the Inlandia Institute, and the Los Angeles Review of Books. This event is supported by Poets & Writers, Inc. through a grant it received from the James Irvine Foundation.
- Office of the Chancellor
- College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences
- Andrew Winer, Chair, Department of Creative Writing
- Los Angeles Review of Books
- Kenneth Simons and Rhiannon Little, African Student Programs
- Bettye Miller, Senior Public Information Officer, Office of Strategic Communications
- Reasey Heang, Financial and Administrative Officer
- Cynthia Redfield, Financial Analyst and Shelle Kreuter, Financial Assistant
- Benicia Mangram, Administrative Coordinator
- Kathleen DeAtley, Program Promotions Manager
- Bryan Bradford, MFA Program Coordinator, Creative Writing and Writing for the Performing Arts
- Linda Sherman-Nurick, owner, Cellar Door Books in Riverside